Trojan . Winad Client (Summary)
Software Name: Winad Client
Product Name: Winad Client
Self installing program that connects to multiple servers and downloads pop-up advertisements, numerous Adware, and Trackware. Some variants of Winad are known to remotely allow access to a users computer were they can carry out harmful actions.
Some of the Trojan.Winad Client components
are listed below. The list is compiled as a reference. The list might
not be complete and it doesn't represent instructions for manual removal.
We DO NOT recommend manual removal. Incorrect removal
of certain software might make your computer unstable or even unusable.
Removal of adware component might affect the related ad-supported software.
If you suspect that you have an unwanted instance of Winad Client
installed on your computer we recommend a free
audit of your system with INAC Anti Spyware.
Winad Client might create following folders (and inject its files inside
- %PROGRAM_FILES%\Winad Client
Winad Client might create following files (some of the files might be
loaded in memory while the software is running):
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\ClientCom.dll
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\Winad.exe
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\WinClt.exe
- %PROGRAM_FILES%\Winad Client\ClientCom.dll
- %PROGRAM_FILES%\Winad Client\Winad.exe
- %PROGRAM_FILES%\Winad Client\WinClt.exe
Winad Client is often accompanied by the following tracking cookies:
Winad Client might create following registry keys (and inject subkeys
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Winad Client
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Winad Client
Winad Client might create following registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|Winad Client
Winad Client might create registry values with following data:
Winad Client might insert following entries in the HOSTS file:
here to scan your computer for Winad Client free of charge