Adware . TargetSoft (Summary)
Software Name: TargetSoft
Company Name: Adknowledge
Product Name: TargetSoft
Collects information from error logs, keywords used in web searches, and information about the websites you visit. It uses that information to display advertiesments.
Some of the Adware.TargetSoft components
are listed below. The list is compiled as a reference. The list might
not be complete and it doesn't represent instructions for manual removal.
We DO NOT recommend manual removal. Incorrect removal
of certain software might make your computer unstable or even unusable.
Removal of adware component might affect the related ad-supported software.
If you suspect that you have an unwanted instance of TargetSoft
installed on your computer we recommend a free
audit of your system with INAC Anti Spyware.
TargetSoft might create following folders (and inject its files inside
TargetSoft might create following files (some of the files might be
loaded in memory while the software is running):
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\cidrules.dll
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\wincore.dll
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\winhost32.exe
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\TargetSoftSetup.exe
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\coreak.dll
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\rulesak.dll
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\akcore.dll
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\akrules.dll
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\bw2.com
- %WINDOWS%\Downloaded Program Files\L2Ma.dll
- %PROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\appsetup.exe
TargetSoft is often accompanied by the following tracking cookies:
TargetSoft might create following registry keys (and inject subkeys
TargetSoft might create following registry values:
TargetSoft might create registry values with following data:
TargetSoft might insert following entries in the HOSTS file:
here to scan your computer for TargetSoft free of charge